Skip to main content

Soliloquy.

I'm tired of this shit,
Been wasting cells on trivialities
When people in cells want trivialities
The river is thirsty but this spit aint right.

What can I give you when the prechewed became preprocessed
And the preprocessed got raped in the process.
I wish we were alive but in this institutionalized hell
It feels like we're picking on stale crumbs for their quality.

But lets recycle that magnifying glass,
Take a step back and change the analysis
With different eyes we can smile or cry
But do we slap on the progress label or question its creation.

I struggle with these feelings of falsehood,
The feelings that every thought requires a microanalysis
A thorough breakdown, three hundred essays and tears from hundreds of miles away
We broke the heart of someone that sprinkled ill intent to shield their fragile conception

This is my tribute to the wary,
My dried up tributary to a lake that sits still,
Its surface unmoved and every leaf that trembles its core
Gets the tree cut down, it asphyxiates the good with a predictable future.

One that prohibits the fun that this body used to bring,
The joy of a summer day is cold and apathetic today
For our very feelings are taken from us in a systematic cry for statistics,
For fucks sake when did we forget to appreciate

We have forgotten to question, to discuss and to wonder,
We are creatures of a system that forces labels on actions,
For an action speaks louder than words they say,
But actions these days speak permanent labels so its best you call your son anonymity.

Did I say son -- oh god what have I done,
Oh please carry on, be meticulous for the meaningless
Go forth and forget to speak true love
Get the hate out of you and throw it out onto others.

It's as if we have forgotten to speak with kindness,
Our hearts ridden by angry movements who light the greener grass on fire
This is the world we live in, a world of two minutes of thought
and forty five hours of coverage.

The words you say will settle your grave,
We have forgotten that without a promotion of growth
Society will crumble and fall,
And then you'll go back to the same.

Picking those crumbs to stand taller,
And on your shaky foundation
you'll wonder what happened to their quality,
e-quality.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Learning to float

First my apologies.
Perhaps I gave y'all the idea that
it was all spit without the gears
We aint about that shit

Words can leave you salivating
But sweat builds the fucking mountains
So don't ever forget that in a heartbeat
I could carry your dreams and forget I even did

You're swimming in it, but you can't even float
The irony of words is that they hold the strength of plans
Without the gunshot
You'll never be grand.

We can all aim high but precision does the talking
It's all too simple these days
With the chatter and spread of information
We're suddenly heroes and activists

But we haven't even blinked, the AC,
It's still running. It's near silence
but its not. The inaction,
It's deafening.

Heck I've gone mute,
I can't even rhyme shit
that could emphasize the prolonged
dream of a typeface, the letters were blank.

It was always that way,
It was always silent because at some point
We stop pinching ourselves and assume
that it was deserved…

Click

"Click".

It switched.
Unequivocally different.
Through those hardships
We finally turned around.

Perhaps reflections and glimmers
Gave us sight when we could not claim
But the panoramic put the shimmer
To shame.

Thank you.
In this brilliance we rose
Hoping to understand why the routine
drifts away in prose

For every detail and every insight
The neurons kept firing in question,
Let us speak for it is time
To mark this audacity in rhyme.

Although subtle
The cues went noticed
The portrait tact
And yet somehow,
Obtruded.

But lets digress from these colors
Let the light paint our shadow
For the steps keep calling
with a subtle vibration

We know its time.

On nature's sincerity

I wish I could But I spoke nonsense I wrote it rather To speak it back to you.
The trees spoke quietly I looked from above and smiled The sun tucked away and I hoped It would spill its secrets.
The picture was rightfully painted Had I blinked, I would have missed it. Do not use sincerity It is not becoming of usage.
Learn to become And you will see the world As it was born It will smile once more. x