Skip to main content

In search for truth.

How do you tell your heart to stop being hopeful,
so you can move on, get some sleep, and convince
yourself that it just wasn't right when you knew it
was meant to be.

I feel frozen in time, begging for a better moment,
I compulsively want to write you stories and thoughts,
tell you everything that's going through my mind,
but I step back, a cordial greeting is all I've got.

The personality has been stripped away and all
we're stuck with is hello friend, or just goodbye.
With a dark smudge at its end, the very definition
of a period makes me cringe, this is final.

Our messages our counted, every one of them
gets closer to the last one, I'm losing the urge to
write, with hopes that when I tuck myself in, my
heart stops asking why.

My mind knows it well and has gone through it
thirty times just this morning. It knows that you felt
this was right. It knows that you are suffering just
as much, but that our hands can no longer touch.

At every vibration, I rush to see if perhaps the
cordial greeting is yours. I miss you at every step
I take, and everywhere I go I stop and think of
every little moment I could have changed.

But you're right, I don't regret any of the time
we spent, because we laughed and we smiled,
and even in tears we held each other, trying to
convince ourselves everything was going to be okay.

I know it is. I know that perhaps I'll run into you
when the dust has settled and we'll hug and we'll
talk, maybe even reconsider what are now
memories of a beautiful time.

Memories that I will always cherish,
Memories that I still hope come back,
but I've pushed away because I need
to cope with this goodbye.

I need to get my heart to understand that the tears
are for why I've always loved you. It needs to understand
that this loss is a long term gain despite the short term
pain.

It needs to understand what I know now is true.
You want to find yourself and what you love,
You want to explore and love who you are,
so that when you love someone else,

You'll know its true.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Learning to float

First my apologies.
Perhaps I gave y'all the idea that
it was all spit without the gears
We aint about that shit

Words can leave you salivating
But sweat builds the fucking mountains
So don't ever forget that in a heartbeat
I could carry your dreams and forget I even did

You're swimming in it, but you can't even float
The irony of words is that they hold the strength of plans
Without the gunshot
You'll never be grand.

We can all aim high but precision does the talking
It's all too simple these days
With the chatter and spread of information
We're suddenly heroes and activists

But we haven't even blinked, the AC,
It's still running. It's near silence
but its not. The inaction,
It's deafening.

Heck I've gone mute,
I can't even rhyme shit
that could emphasize the prolonged
dream of a typeface, the letters were blank.

It was always that way,
It was always silent because at some point
We stop pinching ourselves and assume
that it was deserved…

On nature's sincerity

I wish I could But I spoke nonsense I wrote it rather To speak it back to you.
The trees spoke quietly I looked from above and smiled The sun tucked away and I hoped It would spill its secrets.
The picture was rightfully painted Had I blinked, I would have missed it. Do not use sincerity It is not becoming of usage.
Learn to become And you will see the world As it was born It will smile once more. x

My Barcelona Guide

Long overdue, but having been to Barcelona a number of times, I have been wanting to write some of the secret parts of the city that I encountered, and that are worth seeing. It's worth citing that a lot of the restaurants were originally gotten from an amazing list of restaurants my doctoral advisor shared with me, and that a lot of the places I love going to were first shown to me by our program director, who knows Barcelona better than anybody I know.

Additional note: Barcelona runs on a different time schedule than other countries. Dinner at 9-10pm is very common, and people start going out around midnight (to bars). Clubs start around 2am and go until about 6am, so keep that in mind as you enjoy the city. They also have afternoon naps (siestas), so in the early afternoon, a lot of things may be closed. The summer is usually pretty packed regardless because its booming with tourists. I generally do not like crowded toursit-filled areas, but you have to experience them once. You…