Skip to main content

In search for truth.

How do you tell your heart to stop being hopeful,
so you can move on, get some sleep, and convince
yourself that it just wasn't right when you knew it
was meant to be.

I feel frozen in time, begging for a better moment,
I compulsively want to write you stories and thoughts,
tell you everything that's going through my mind,
but I step back, a cordial greeting is all I've got.

The personality has been stripped away and all
we're stuck with is hello friend, or just goodbye.
With a dark smudge at its end, the very definition
of a period makes me cringe, this is final.

Our messages our counted, every one of them
gets closer to the last one, I'm losing the urge to
write, with hopes that when I tuck myself in, my
heart stops asking why.

My mind knows it well and has gone through it
thirty times just this morning. It knows that you felt
this was right. It knows that you are suffering just
as much, but that our hands can no longer touch.

At every vibration, I rush to see if perhaps the
cordial greeting is yours. I miss you at every step
I take, and everywhere I go I stop and think of
every little moment I could have changed.

But you're right, I don't regret any of the time
we spent, because we laughed and we smiled,
and even in tears we held each other, trying to
convince ourselves everything was going to be okay.

I know it is. I know that perhaps I'll run into you
when the dust has settled and we'll hug and we'll
talk, maybe even reconsider what are now
memories of a beautiful time.

Memories that I will always cherish,
Memories that I still hope come back,
but I've pushed away because I need
to cope with this goodbye.

I need to get my heart to understand that the tears
are for why I've always loved you. It needs to understand
that this loss is a long term gain despite the short term
pain.

It needs to understand what I know now is true.
You want to find yourself and what you love,
You want to explore and love who you are,
so that when you love someone else,

You'll know its true.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Listen closely.

It's game time. The clock is ticking, and you've been sitting around hoping things would get done. Sitting around hoping and dreaming that maybe some day something would fall out of the sky and fall onto you served on a golden platter. You weren't even holding the golden platter -- you were too busy pawning it off for pennies that quickly dwindled because you didn't realize that life was about experiences, not material goods. No one was born to be successful. No one was born to win their awards and to triumph above all. Those people don't exist. Those that were born into money are unfortunate because it is often more difficult for them to realize what struggle is. You were born into those struggles and hurdles, you were born to fight every moment that was going to end your dreams before they even began. The moment you stop fighting, the moment you lose that encouragement, remember that this is all you've got. You have one life, not five. You don't get...

Humidity killed the salt shaker. A review of Rosemary Beach and 30A.

What a time to make a new post on my blog. My wife and I are expecting our first child, and we decided on one final trip to the panhandle for our baby moon (the panhandle is a nickname my wife is keen to point out is   absolutely ridiculous given the rest of Florida is not pan-shaped   — even as a Dali painting ). We have been to the panhandle a few times since we have family in Mexico Beach , and we absolutely love that area. We figured we’d treat ourselves to a fancy hotel & spa experience for the time away, and Rosemary Beach ’s The Pearl fit just the bill. On the road down here, we’ve started a tradition of stopping by White Oak Pastures for a good American grass-fed single-estate burger. Single-estate is a joking reference to the book A Bold Return to Giving a Damn , written by the owner of White Oak Pastures, Will Harris , which is, no exaggeration, how we save America. First thing — read the book, and eat some good local meat from animals that have lived a damn go...

Dazed and confused.

I kind of came to the conclusion that I needed to write this when I realized that I had gotten a little lost at work. I can go a little crazy with the number of things I try to do at any given time and well, that kind of work can easily overwhelm me. However, over the past few days I have realized and resparked my desire and love for the process. It may sound a bit abstract but its a common theme among those who find themselves fortunate enough to enjoy every minute of every day of work. You see, a lot of life is a matter of perspective. A quick glimpse into consumer behavior and the study of a capitalistic society will tell you that people are very predictable and marketable beings. A few years ago Matthew McConaughey gave a fantastic talk to the University of Houston, where he stated the following: "See, joy is always in process, under construction — it’s in the constant approach, alive and well —in the doing of what we are fashioned to do… and enjoying doing it." and ...