Skip to main content

Emotionless feelings.

A bottom-less bottle,
An endless exposition
What I once felt,
My emotions revealed.

How is it that so many,
Have loved so much,
That so many have lost,
And yet smiled,
for what they loved.

I cannot tell you,
what love is,
As such a great feeling,
comes merely in pairs.

You cannot feel love,
In independence,
You cannot feel love,
All on your own.

In the eyes of others,
You are emotionless,
Without anyone else,
Life is dry,
Life is dead.

Acknowledge your fears,
But fight them,
Hide your emotions,
But show them.

I have come to realize,
My words will not
Move your heart,
Or set your feelings,
Free.

However, I hope,
You come to realize,
That getting hurt,
is more than just pain.

The world was born,
in black and white.
But today
It's in the midst of gray.

You stand in the horizon,
Without evil, or good,

You fear flying,
Because you might fall,

You fear loving,
Because you might loose it all,

You fear living,
Because you might say goodbye,

I ask you,
Not to fear it all.

Spread your wings,
And be willing to fall,

Open your heart,
And your eyes will follow,

There's a whole world out there,
Waiting for love,

There's a whole world out there,
Waiting for you.

Let fear be an obstacle,
Which you will overcome.

Let fear be diminute,
And it will soon be gone.

That's all.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Listen closely.

It's game time. The clock is ticking, and you've been sitting around hoping things would get done. Sitting around hoping and dreaming that maybe some day something would fall out of the sky and fall onto you served on a golden platter. You weren't even holding the golden platter -- you were too busy pawning it off for pennies that quickly dwindled because you didn't realize that life was about experiences, not material goods. No one was born to be successful. No one was born to win their awards and to triumph above all. Those people don't exist. Those that were born into money are unfortunate because it is often more difficult for them to realize what struggle is. You were born into those struggles and hurdles, you were born to fight every moment that was going to end your dreams before they even began. The moment you stop fighting, the moment you lose that encouragement, remember that this is all you've got. You have one life, not five. You don't get...

Humidity killed the salt shaker. A review of Rosemary Beach and 30A.

What a time to make a new post on my blog. My wife and I are expecting our first child, and we decided on one final trip to the panhandle for our baby moon (the panhandle is a nickname my wife is keen to point out is   absolutely ridiculous given the rest of Florida is not pan-shaped   — even as a Dali painting ). We have been to the panhandle a few times since we have family in Mexico Beach , and we absolutely love that area. We figured we’d treat ourselves to a fancy hotel & spa experience for the time away, and Rosemary Beach ’s The Pearl fit just the bill. On the road down here, we’ve started a tradition of stopping by White Oak Pastures for a good American grass-fed single-estate burger. Single-estate is a joking reference to the book A Bold Return to Giving a Damn , written by the owner of White Oak Pastures, Will Harris , which is, no exaggeration, how we save America. First thing — read the book, and eat some good local meat from animals that have lived a damn go...

Dazed and confused.

I kind of came to the conclusion that I needed to write this when I realized that I had gotten a little lost at work. I can go a little crazy with the number of things I try to do at any given time and well, that kind of work can easily overwhelm me. However, over the past few days I have realized and resparked my desire and love for the process. It may sound a bit abstract but its a common theme among those who find themselves fortunate enough to enjoy every minute of every day of work. You see, a lot of life is a matter of perspective. A quick glimpse into consumer behavior and the study of a capitalistic society will tell you that people are very predictable and marketable beings. A few years ago Matthew McConaughey gave a fantastic talk to the University of Houston, where he stated the following: "See, joy is always in process, under construction — it’s in the constant approach, alive and well —in the doing of what we are fashioned to do… and enjoying doing it." and ...