Skip to main content

Cinnamon Chocolate Peanut Butter Pecan Cookie Bar

I'm not a huge baker, but over the past few weeks my girlfriend has kind of gotten me into the whole baking stuff. She's a Pinterest user so we usually just bake things that she has pinned previously, and they turn out to be quite delicious.

Peanut Butter Smores Bar
However, after I made the Peanut Butter Smores Bars shown above, I felt it was finally time to do some experimenting of my own. So, in a split second decision after eating Chipotle, I told my friend Summit to take a quick left because I had to purchase some ingredients at Publix. I had no real idea of what those ingredients were other than 'cookie dough' because that stuff is just delicious.

So, upon arriving at Publix I purchased four things:

  • Milk chocolate pieces
  • Reese's peanut butter pieces
  • Chopped pecans
  • Pilsbury cookie dough

Sorry I'm not big on ingredients, I kind of just wing it when it comes to recipes and go with my gut, so no measurement was performed when obtaining 'how much' I actually put into the recipe, but a good estimate is about half of a 10oz (283g) bag for both the chocolate and peanut butter, and about half of a 4oz (113g) bag of chopped pecans should do it!

I went back home and although my first instinct was to stack them, and put half of the cookie dough on the bottom of my 8x8 pan and the other half on top and make a cookie sandwich kind of thing, I thought, that's going to be way too melted in the middle. So, in a split brilliant decision, I just poured an arbirtrary amount of peanut butter, milk chocolate, and chopped pecans into the cookie dough and mixed it all together. By the end I had an 8x8 pan about 3/4 of an inch high of deliciousness. I baked it for 14 minutes at 350 degrees, and then as I was going to take it out, I had a moment of genius.

This was past just a good idea to make the heart attack dish deadly, this was a touch that made the dish heavenly. I sprinkled cinnamon across the top of the entire cookie dish and then put it back in the oven for 2 minutes. This part is really important because you want the cinnamon to blend into the top of your cookie.

The result was phenomenal. Here's a pic after eating my first few bites.


This tastes like happiness.

-Daniel.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Listen closely.

It's game time. The clock is ticking, and you've been sitting around hoping things would get done. Sitting around hoping and dreaming that maybe some day something would fall out of the sky and fall onto you served on a golden platter. You weren't even holding the golden platter -- you were too busy pawning it off for pennies that quickly dwindled because you didn't realize that life was about experiences, not material goods. No one was born to be successful. No one was born to win their awards and to triumph above all. Those people don't exist. Those that were born into money are unfortunate because it is often more difficult for them to realize what struggle is. You were born into those struggles and hurdles, you were born to fight every moment that was going to end your dreams before they even began. The moment you stop fighting, the moment you lose that encouragement, remember that this is all you've got. You have one life, not five. You don't get...

Humidity killed the salt shaker. A review of Rosemary Beach and 30A.

What a time to make a new post on my blog. My wife and I are expecting our first child, and we decided on one final trip to the panhandle for our baby moon (the panhandle is a nickname my wife is keen to point out is   absolutely ridiculous given the rest of Florida is not pan-shaped   — even as a Dali painting ). We have been to the panhandle a few times since we have family in Mexico Beach , and we absolutely love that area. We figured we’d treat ourselves to a fancy hotel & spa experience for the time away, and Rosemary Beach ’s The Pearl fit just the bill. On the road down here, we’ve started a tradition of stopping by White Oak Pastures for a good American grass-fed single-estate burger. Single-estate is a joking reference to the book A Bold Return to Giving a Damn , written by the owner of White Oak Pastures, Will Harris , which is, no exaggeration, how we save America. First thing — read the book, and eat some good local meat from animals that have lived a damn go...

Dazed and confused.

I kind of came to the conclusion that I needed to write this when I realized that I had gotten a little lost at work. I can go a little crazy with the number of things I try to do at any given time and well, that kind of work can easily overwhelm me. However, over the past few days I have realized and resparked my desire and love for the process. It may sound a bit abstract but its a common theme among those who find themselves fortunate enough to enjoy every minute of every day of work. You see, a lot of life is a matter of perspective. A quick glimpse into consumer behavior and the study of a capitalistic society will tell you that people are very predictable and marketable beings. A few years ago Matthew McConaughey gave a fantastic talk to the University of Houston, where he stated the following: "See, joy is always in process, under construction — it’s in the constant approach, alive and well —in the doing of what we are fashioned to do… and enjoying doing it." and ...