Skip to main content

Ultimate Pretzel Crushed Peanut Butter Cookie Candy Bars

As I begin to write this, they are in the oven, I am a little afraid they are going to overflow, but they look amazing, and preparing them wasn't actually that bad at all!

Here's a link to the Baby Gizmo blog with the article on making them.

This is the final result:

This is my photo album of every step I took along the way :) enjoy.

These were the main ingredients in my adventure, not pictured is also the vegetable oil needed for the Peanut Butter cookie mix and the Triple Fudge Brownie mix!

First I smashed up the butter snaps from Snyder, I had never had these before, they're delicious!

Then I melted the butter in the microwave, this is actually one stick, I ended up using two sticks which is the recommended amount in the recipe.

Ready to mix this with 5 tbsp of sugar and make my crust.

Patted down my crust into my 8x8 pan even though they recommended 13x9 pan, this was the best I had haha.

Mixed up my Peanut butter cookie dough, I had never made these, they smelled delicious.

Patted it down into my already slightly packed pan, haha, I see a small problem ahead.

Oh my god yes. Putting the Reese snack cups into the 8x8 pan. Happiness.

They have been completed, now, for the final touch, the brownie mix.

Not sure why I took a picture of the egg for the brownie mix, but I did :).

Put the brownie mix with everything it required (water, oil, and the chocolate fudge it also brought included, and I mixed it up.

Would you look at that, it is ready to be poured :).

What a delightful sight, I was ready to cook this, sadly I forgot to turn the oven on so I sat around staring at it (washing everything) since my oven was pretty slow to heat up but overall, excitement levels were rising.

The final product before going in the oven.

And after 45 minutes, it was ready :).

The chocolate fudge kind of concentrated in the center which was a bit annoying but once I bit into it, not gonna lie, one of the best things I've tried. The crunchiness of the pretzels really make this dessert. I may try another one with a top layer of pretzels.. may be worth it.

I hope you enjoyed it :),
Daniel.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Listen closely.

It's game time. The clock is ticking, and you've been sitting around hoping things would get done. Sitting around hoping and dreaming that maybe some day something would fall out of the sky and fall onto you served on a golden platter. You weren't even holding the golden platter -- you were too busy pawning it off for pennies that quickly dwindled because you didn't realize that life was about experiences, not material goods. No one was born to be successful. No one was born to win their awards and to triumph above all. Those people don't exist. Those that were born into money are unfortunate because it is often more difficult for them to realize what struggle is. You were born into those struggles and hurdles, you were born to fight every moment that was going to end your dreams before they even began. The moment you stop fighting, the moment you lose that encouragement, remember that this is all you've got. You have one life, not five. You don't get...

Humidity killed the salt shaker. A review of Rosemary Beach and 30A.

What a time to make a new post on my blog. My wife and I are expecting our first child, and we decided on one final trip to the panhandle for our baby moon (the panhandle is a nickname my wife is keen to point out is   absolutely ridiculous given the rest of Florida is not pan-shaped   — even as a Dali painting ). We have been to the panhandle a few times since we have family in Mexico Beach , and we absolutely love that area. We figured we’d treat ourselves to a fancy hotel & spa experience for the time away, and Rosemary Beach ’s The Pearl fit just the bill. On the road down here, we’ve started a tradition of stopping by White Oak Pastures for a good American grass-fed single-estate burger. Single-estate is a joking reference to the book A Bold Return to Giving a Damn , written by the owner of White Oak Pastures, Will Harris , which is, no exaggeration, how we save America. First thing — read the book, and eat some good local meat from animals that have lived a damn go...

Dazed and confused.

I kind of came to the conclusion that I needed to write this when I realized that I had gotten a little lost at work. I can go a little crazy with the number of things I try to do at any given time and well, that kind of work can easily overwhelm me. However, over the past few days I have realized and resparked my desire and love for the process. It may sound a bit abstract but its a common theme among those who find themselves fortunate enough to enjoy every minute of every day of work. You see, a lot of life is a matter of perspective. A quick glimpse into consumer behavior and the study of a capitalistic society will tell you that people are very predictable and marketable beings. A few years ago Matthew McConaughey gave a fantastic talk to the University of Houston, where he stated the following: "See, joy is always in process, under construction — it’s in the constant approach, alive and well —in the doing of what we are fashioned to do… and enjoying doing it." and ...